Where the Comment is King

THE NEWS COMMENTER

VOTE  (0)  (0)

Tyson Fury claims ‘Battle of Britain' plans are dead (VIDEO)

Added 09-27-22 07:37:03am EST - “Tyson Fury has withdrawn his offer of a December 3 fight with rival Anthony Joshua after his deadline to agree terms expired on Monday” - Rt.com

CLICK TO SHARE

Posted By TheNewsCommenter: From Rt.com: “Tyson Fury claims ‘Battle of Britain’ plans are dead (VIDEO)”. Below is an excerpt from the article.

The biggest all-British boxing match in a generation has hit another snag after Tyson Fury withdrew his offer of a December 3 showdown with Anthony Joshua, following the expiration of a Monday deadline to agree contractual terms.

A fight between the pair had appeared close after Fury offered Joshua a shot at his WBC heavyweight title in the aftermath of Joshua's second successive defeat to Ukrainian champ Aleksandyr Usyk last month, with talks appearing to progress satisfactorily and a December 3 date being agreed for the clash.

However, Fury announced last weekend that he would pull out of the fight if Joshua failed to agree to the contract presented to him by 5pm on Monday (UK time) – and as soon as that deadline came and went, Fury took to social media to state that he was drawing a line through the potential fight and moving on to other opportunities.

"Forget about it! Idiot. Coward." ????Tyson Fury says deadline day has struck and the fight between him and Anthony Joshua is now OFF ❌????: @Tyson_Furypic.twitter.com/roGUUzjinF

“Well guys, it’s official. D-Day has come and gone, it’s gone past 5 o'clock Monday and no contract has been signed,” Fury said in a video message posted to social media.

Read more...



If you don't see any comments yet, congrats! You get first comment. Be nice and have fun.

Comment Box is loading comments...

CLICK TO SHARE

BACK TO THE HOME-PAGE