Where Your Speech Is Free And Your Comment Is King - Post A Link

THE NEWS COMMENTER

Screenshot Huffpost.com
VOTE  (0)  (0)

Trump Lends Saudi Crown Prince U.S. Support In Phone Call After Attack


Added 09-14-19 10:54:02pm EST - “A fiery drone strike disrupted oil production at two giant Saudi facilities over the weekend. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blames Iran.” - Huffpost.com

CLICK TO SHARE

Posted By TheNewsCommenter: From Huffpost.com: “Trump Lends Saudi Crown Prince U.S. Support In Phone Call After Attack”. Below is an excerpt from the article.

President Donald Trump on Saturday offered U.S. support for Saudi Arabia’s self-defense in a phone call hours after drone strikes left swaths of Saudi oil fields aflame and disrupted global energy production. 

Two sites, including the world’s largest oil processing facility and a massive Saudi oil field, were hit by explosives, leaving a smoke trail reportedly visible from space. 

Trump, the White House confirmed, told Saudi Crown Prince Mohammad Bin Salman that the U.S. “strongly condemns today’s attack on critical energy infrastructure.” 

Yemen’s Houthi rebels claimed responsibility for the attack, part of a yearslong war led by the Saudis against the Iran-backed group. Earlier this month a Saudi-led coalition launched airstrikes on a Houthi detention center, leaving at least 100 dead and dozens more injured. It was the Saudi side’s deadliest attack so far this year, according to the Yemen Data Project.

“Violent actions against civilian areas and infrastructure vital to the global economy only deepen conflict and mistrust,” the White House said in a statement. “The United States Government is monitoring the situation and remains committed to ensuring global oil markets are stable and well supplied.”

Read more...





Post a comment.

CLICK TO SHARE

COMMENTS VIA TWITTER





BACK TO THE HOME-PAGE