Where the Comment is King

THE NEWS COMMENTER

VOTE  (0)  (0)

Sonic shooter could face death penalty for seemingly unprovoked attack that left two employees dead

Added 01-26-22 11:13:02am EST - “A Nebraska man accused of killing two Sonic employees in 2020 could face the death penalty if he is convicted for the seemingly unprovoked attack on the fast food restaurant.” - Nydailynews.com

CLICK TO SHARE

Posted By TheNewsCommenter: From Nydailynews.com: “Sonic shooter could face death penalty for seemingly unprovoked attack that left two employees dead”. Below is an excerpt from the article.

A Nebraska man accused of killing two Sonic employees in 2020 could face the death penalty if he is convicted for the seemingly unprovoked attack on the fast food restaurant.

“Today I’ve filed first degree murder charges in Sarpy Count court against Roberto Silva Jr.,” Sarpy County Attorney Lee Polikov told reporters during a news conference on Monday.

“Similar charges had been filed previously, but filing today will include the allegations of aggravating circumstance that are required for the court upon conviction to sentence the defendant to death.”

Polikov’s announcement marks the first time he has sought the death penalty in his 22 years as county attorney.

On Nov. 21, 2020, Silva allegedly drove up to the Bellevue Sonic, “threw an incendiary device, ignited materials in a rental truck and opened fire” into the restaurant. Four employees were shot amid the flurry of gunfire, including two who were pronounced dead at the scene. Another three people working at the time were able to escape the building without physical injury, police said.

Read more...

If you don't see any comments yet, congrats! You get first comment. Be nice and have fun.

Comment Box is loading comments...

CLICK TO SHARE

BACK TO THE HOME-PAGE