Director Paul Haggis appears in court following sex assault claim
Added 06-22-22 01:18:03pm EST - “A judge is expected to rule on whether Paul Haggis should be freed from custody pending additional investigation into claims that he raped a British woman over the course of two days last week.” - Nypost.com
CLICK TO SHARE
Director Paul Haggis appeared in Italian court Wednesday for the first time following the sexual assault allegations lodged against him.
A judge is expected to rule on whether Haggis, 69, should be freed from custody pending additional investigation into claims that he raped a British woman over the course of two days last week.
Outside the courthouse in the southern Italian town of Brindisi, where Haggis is being held under house arrest, his lawyer reiterated that that the director and screenwriter says he is innocent.
“Paul Haggis answered all questions and explained what happened,” Michele Laforgia said. “He declared himself, as he had already done right after the detention, completely innocent, in the sense that the sex he had with this woman was totally consensual.”
Haggis — who wrote and directed the Oscar-winning 2006 movie “Crash” — has been ordered to remain in his guest house in Italy during the investigation. The judge could also decide to keep him under house arrest, or order him jailed.
If you don't see any comments yet, congrats! You get first comment. Be nice and have fun.
CLICK TO SHARE